Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Edward Whitnall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2013 05:18:18 -0800
I recently purchased and installed a new Epson scanner on my 64 bit Dell desktop
running Windows 8-1.

The 2013 Microsoft Office S/W that had been working perfectly, stopped working,
giving me
"Microsoft Word (et.al.) have stopped working.  We will investigate and tell you why, if we know."

I then tried to start office in the safe mode to see if I had added
something with the Epson (even though it said it was 8-1 competitive on
the box). It would not start. I then removed the scanner and all the scanner s/w I could find, but it still will not start.

Microsoft help doesn't seem to help.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Catonsville, MD