Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:02:33 -0500
Hi Paul,

Everyone has their own preferences for saving/backing up data. This is my
method... first I have a second hard drive (D:) where I have "moved"
everything but Windows. Since there isn't anything but Windows on C: drive,
I am free to install/install over Windows at will. I also moved the Outlook
Express store folder to D: drive. Prices for hard drives are dropping... I
have seen 40 GB drives recently at places like CompUSA and BestBuy for
$39.95 after rebates.

The alternative is to save the data to a CD (you didn't indicate if you had
a CD-RW drive) or floppy disc. Chances are that the OE store folder is to
large for a floppy. Other data like the Address Book, Cookies, Favorites,
etc., will easily fit on a floppy. To save the Address Book, bring it up
(hold Shift & Ctrl and hit the letter "B") and go to "File/Export/Address
Book (WAB)" then save to 3½ Floppy (A:) or the CD. To save your Favorites
and Cookies, open Internet Explorer and go to "File/Import and Export". The
Import/Export Wizard will walk you through the steps. After the Windows
install, reverse the procedure and "Import" everything.

Outlook Express settings (mail rules, signatures, etc.) can be backed
up/saved by saving two entries in the Registry. Go to Start/Run and type
"regedit" sans quotes and hit Enter. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and select
"Identities". From the File menu, select "Export". Export the HKEY_USERS /
.DEFAULT / Identities the same way.

You can also export your settings for Internet Accounts (Tools / Accounts).

I hope you find this useful.

Sven Swanson, Sr.