Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:22:49 +0000
Greetings Rizal & list--

This message and activity sounds symptomatic of the sasser worm attack.
While I can't refer you directly to the KB article detailing the cleanup
procedure, a search of the MS Knowledge Base should provide you with
a link to the necessary information. I suspect that SP2 was not 'completely'
installed, as this Service Pack is supposed to contain the fix for this
particular vulnerability.

Good luck, and HTH.

Paul A. Shippert
Utilitarian
Margaret Brent Middle School
-----------------------------------
and I'm hovering like a fly
waiting for the windshield on the
freeway." Genesis
-----------------------------------

> I had updated my Win XP to service pack 2. The system running fine for few days
> and then suddenly there is an error message box
>
> " This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off.
> Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT
> Authority\System
>
> Time before shutdown : 00:00:xx
>
> Message:
> Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service
> terminated unexpectedly
> "
>
> I suspect this was caused my W32.blaster.worm and do a virus scanning and run
> the fix tool but couldn't find any.
>
> This system also become very slow especially during booting-up time.
>
> I am also cannot start RPC service in the system.
>
> Anything else I can do apart from formating and re-installing the OS.
>
> Thank you
> Rizal Sharif
>

> Yahoo! Mobile
> - Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!
>
> Curious about the people moderating your
> messages? Visit our staff web site:
> http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

              The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donatations
              to continue providing PCSOFT and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using Paypal