Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Volkard Linke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:28:58 -0500
At 09:55 PM 3/19/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi can anyone give some advice for my mother in law?
>
>She's running Win95b and uses Norton Utilities.

She should check System Resources when she first boots her machine. In my
opinion, anything under 80% upon boot means there is too much running in
the background... Using Win95, the only way I know of to rid yourself of
these "startup" programs, would be to check the startup folder and remove
those that are unnecessary. Using Win98, there is a utility called
msconfig, to do just that... and the ability to uncheck those you don't
want to run automatically. Another method, under Win95, to close these
programs would be to use the Control-Alt-Delete, select the unwanted
program, and End task them away. Unfortunately, every time you reboot, they
will be back. Maybe, if she has sufficient resources upon bootup, but
doesn't restart her machine often enough, a somple reboot now and then may
help her out. Anyone know of another method, under 95 to rid oneself of
these startup programs besides uninstalling them?

Volkard Linke

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml