Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Ralph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:56:20 -0500
At 12:04 AM 11/9/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>LKucera <[log in to unmask]>

I have the Computer Associates firewall, as implemented on behalf of
Roadrunner's cable modem service for Time Warner.

The Computer Associates firewall is simply Zonealarm relabeled as
CA.  There is no difference at all.  I have run basic ZA for years, and
still do at my office. (CA/Zonealarm firewall is only for RR consumer
customers, not business.)

If you are getting repeat questions about allowing programs to access the
Internet, you may want to simply go to the Program Control tab for
CA/Zonealarm.  On that page, in the "access" column, make sure that there
is a green checkmark for each program that you wish to have free access to
the Internet.  If there is a blue question mark present, it means that the
program has been instructed to ask you for permission, or not, every that
program accesses the Internet.

One accesses Zonealarm's control pages, excuse me, Computer Associates'
firewall control pages, by double clicking the little icon in the startup
tray in the lower right hand corner of your screen.

I suggest also, since you are going to be on that page anyway, that for
every single program on your computer you put a red "x"  for every entry
for "server".  Under no circumstance do you want your computer attempting
to act as a server.  Doing so will help insure that no program hijacks your
machine using any of these programs.

Dave Ralph

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml