Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:36:51 +0200
Hello Dharam,

Wednesday, August 30, 2000, 7:32:25 AM, you wrote:

DB> There may or may not be a solution for this.

DB> In order to obtain a decent print from this dos program, the client uses

DB> a cut & paste into Paint and then modifies it in paint to print
DB> properly. Apparently, the  'PrintScreen' key does not do the job, or at
DB> least not properly. Only the EXE for this program is available. No
DB> source.

DB> Is it at all possible to 'save' - say the print screen to some file for
DB> manipulation later? eg piping? There are no known line command
DB> parameters that I know of that can be used with this program to capture
DB> the page to be printed.

DB> The option to re-write this program is out of the question.

You should look for a DOS screen grabber utility. They were numerous
in their time, and can still be found sometimes. PcxGrab and TheGrab
come to my mind as examples. You should search them on the Internet
and load the grabber before the DOS program in the batch file. The
actual "copying" is done with a keypress, Alt-K or Right+Left shift or
something else -- see the help for the particular program.

In text mode, try to configure the program to grab characters only as
text. If it can't be configured, the grabs will be interlaced with
screen attributes (raw 4000 bytes file -- very difficult to read, and
no line-breaks), and you'll have to use a text-editing application
like TheDraw or A3E to convert the files to regular text.

Redirection is no use here since most of these programs write directly
to video memory.

Yours,

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| FAX (413)431-4014               ICQ 2386792
|
| Freelance website and graphics designer
| Visit my site : http://maxwd.hypermart.net
|
| Editor - Graphics artist
| NOSPIN group