Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dean Havens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:57:29 -0700
Hi everybody..I`m a newbie here and on the computer(1 year). I`m running Win98, my browser is IE6. I have a DSL connection. I don`t have the install disk if it comes to that. I hope you can help me as I`m at my wits end. My problem is that I am unable to download : windows updates, microsoft updates, files, Symantec system removal tools, and various and sundry other programs I would like to download from various sites. When I click on a download link, in all these cases, the toolbar says "Downloading from such and such" and then I get an empty page with a little icon in the upper left corner of the page in the form of a rectangular box enclosing a small red square, a small blue circle, and a small purple triangle! When I right click for the properties, it (the properties) says "not available". I have tried everything including disabling Norton Security and Norton Antivirus, reducing browser security to low, deleting files in the Temp Int Files etc. I did find a "damaged" CV3 file in the Downloaded Program Files folder and deleted that. In the security options section of Internet Explorer, all Java and ActiveX controls are enabled. I`m also having a problem uninstalling my Norton Internet Insecurity System( as I suspect it could be part of the problem), tho I had the problem even before I installed Norton.  I`m reduced to doing a manual uninstall, but can`t even do that per Nortons' instructions, as they require running the Microsoft Windows Cleanup Utility "first"...which of course, I can`t download!!! This utility is supposed to remove all connections to Norton systems in the Windows Installer folder. I don`t know why I can`t manually delete these files, but it`s not even suggested in Nortons' instructions.

Anyway, somehow I think the clue to this problem is in the "not available" icon that I get when I click on any download link. However I have been able to download programs that I`ve paid for??? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Dean Havens