Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 19:33:41 +1200
Thanks to everyone who responded on this one.  My solution was to remove all
but one of the four users I'd set up (XP won't allow you to remove all of
the regular users) and go ahead with the software installs.  When about
halfway through I reinstated a couple of new users, then added the bulk of
the software, then added the last user.

In spite of this untidy setup, all users ended up with access to all the
software.

However, one baffling result is that some users have a bunch of shortcut
icons on their desktop representing all the added software, while others
don't.  And the allocation seems to have little to do with which user
existed at the time of the install.

Obviously, I could just drag the missing icons from the All Programs menu in
each case, but I'm curious as to why this happened (or didn't).

I read somewhere that it was possible to go into C:\Documents and Settings
and copy the Startup folder from any preferred individual user to All Users,
but this option didn't seem correct.  Maybe the method would be to copy the
preferred user's Desktop to All Users then adjust the wallpaper as required.

Anyone like to comment on this?

PS: I think it's time I went out and spent big bucks on some massive XP
manuals, like the 10lb, 3 inch thick 'Mother of All Windows 95' tome I
bought a few years back.  Trouble is finding the one I want without being
able to physically browse each volume, like I used to be able to do in my
old home town.  My new location doesn't have too many well-stocked book
shops - just food, booze and sportswear :--))

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Ian" <

> I'm building an XP Pro PC for a family of four.
>
> During the initial install, I set up an Administrator account (that's me,
> with a password) then four users and a guest.  After completing the
install,
> I note that the four users are all 'Computer Administrators'.  I've set no
> passwords for them at this stage, so the system can be accessed at startup
> via any of these four user accounts.
>
> And I guess that later they'll all have a free hand to configure their
> setups however they want.
>
> My query is this:
> I'm now going to finish the job by installing a heap of global software
> (Office, WinAmp, Mailwasher etc etc etc) but I'm not sure what'll happen
if
> I install the stuff as one user.  Like - I have to enter the system as one
> of the four, right?  I mean, there's no other normal access point now
except
> as one user.
>
> So if I enter the system as say, Poppa Bear, and install this pile of
> software, are Momma Bear and the two Baby Bears gonna have access to the
> programs from their accounts?
>
> Or would it be easier to logon in Safe Mode as Administrator, delete the
> four users, set up the software, then recreate the four user accounts
again?

> As you can see, I'm no XP guru, but hopefully I'll improve.  Heck, I might
> even move up to it myself ;-P

---