Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:38:37 +0000
Greetings Lewis & list--

From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
> Folks,
> I've got a problem which I never seen discussed here so....
> I have a XLS file, slightly over 2 Mbytes in size, on an old Windows-95 machine
> that I want to transfer to this machine running Windows-XP Pro.  The problem is
> that the W-95 machine has only a single floppy drive, and no USB ports, whereas
> this machine has no floppy drive, but does have USB ports.  Does anyone know if
> (or how) I can break the larger file into two parts so that each part will fit
> onto a floppy - then I can go to a third machine which has both a floppy drive
> and USB ports.  There I could then put the two sections back together (is that
> possible-?), transfer that larger file to a flash drive and then load it onto
> this machine using the USB ports.
> Is this doable or not?
> Lewis Emerson
-------------end original------------------------
You may not even need to break the file down. Try zipping the file, then checking on the *.zip file's size. A 2MB .xls file may compress small enough to fit on one floppy. If so, it could then be extracted to the USB flash drive by the "third machine" and "sneaker-netted" to the one to which you'd like it moved.

HTH.

Paul A. Shippert
and I'm hovering like a fly
waiting for the windshield on the