Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Michael A. Wosnick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:29:54 -0400
My opinion is that Norton and McAfee are pretty similar in their anti-virus
abilities. I have always preferred Norton, but that is a matter of personal
preference.

I am surprised that you could not get the virus update from the Symantec
site, registered or not. The dataset is meaningless without the program, and
I have never known Norton to restrict it. If the Symantec site won't work
for you, you can download the latest dataset from any number of software
sites. Try www.zdnet.com for example. I know you can get it there. Just go
to the "downloads" screen and search for "Norton". You will find it there.

Cheers,

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of H-Shayto
Sent: August 31, 2000 5:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Norton Dat Files

A friend of mine bought a new computer [win 98 SE] which included
Norton AntiVirus ver5.0 but ... with old virus DAT files [dated 1999].
Going to Norton site to update the DAT files did not work because
this copy isn't registered. Now 2 questions:
1- Is Mcafee the same as Norton in this regard?
2- Would I be pointing my friend to an inferior software should I
advise uninstalling Norton and downloading the "free" Inoculateit?

Many thanks --- Hass Shayto

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions