Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 22:20:27 -0600

members.tripod.com/~Doyle_R/index.htm

There should be some things we don't name.  Just so we can sit around all
day and wonder what they are.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Dr. Michael A. Wosnick [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Sunday, February 08, 1998 7:43 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: Deleting unused programs & files

At 02:33 PM 2/8/98 -0600, Richard Doyle wrote:

>Personally, I downloaded a free trial version of Clean Sweep and I was
>shocked at what it claimed was safe to delete.  I uninstalled it, and I
>wouldn't trust it to provide reliable info.

I use Cleansweep all the time, and I wouldn't be without such a program,
BUT I never blindly accept what it says. There is a dialogue in Cleansweep
(and I can only presume a similar one in other programs) which allows me to
view what will be deleted before I hit the button. In this way I can remove
checked items, or add others.

I knew that I could not blindly accept even those things it said were safe,
when the very first time I used to program (a very early version as I
recall) Cleansweep told me it was safe to remove at least one program in
the CLEANSWEEP DIRECTORY ITSELF!! :)

So, never do I trust it blindly, but just the same, if you are vigilant and
use some common sense (and a bit of restraint) it still proves to be a very
valuable tool in my hands. For the most part, I could NEVER ferret out all
of the files it finds without its help.

Michael

Michael A. Wosnick
Richmond Hill, Ontario