Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:25:04 -0500
Hello Barbara,

If you don't know, you have to ask. You've probably heard the phrase,
"There's no such thing as a dumb question". That holds true in many things
but I think it especially applies to computing. Just remember that we all
start at the same level... dumb as a sack of rocks.

You are far ahead of a lot of people in that you are backing up your
personal data. How you do it is a matter of personal preference. Using CD-RW
disks, I would make a decision based on what it is. If it's a text file that
you revised then there's probably no need to keep the old copy and you can
replace (write over) the old one. Replacing an older photo or a legal
document with a newer one may not be a good idea, in this instance you would
probably want to keep both.

I recommend you consider using CD-R disks. They are more stable than CD-RWs
and the cost is dirt cheap. I have found them free after rebates. Just
catalog the backups by date, name, etc., and when they begin to accumulate,
check the oldest for anything you want to save before destroying it.

Have fun...
Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Allen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] unformat software

Sven, I try to back up my personal files to CD-RWs.  I simply don't know
whether to:  1) backup to the SAME disk (that is, rewrite over old files),
or use a NEW CD-RW each time.  Can you advise me?  For instance, if I backup
My Documents today and again in three months, would I use two different
CD-RWs?  Sorry if this shows how un-geeky I am.

Thank you,

Barbara Allen