Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:34:46 -0700
> ....  Does this "count" as opening the email as far as a spammer seeing
> your address exists, and/or as far as being able to "catch" something
> from the email?

  Probably, and maybe.

  If the displayed message includes graphical elements, your email client
may have retrieved them from a system owned/monitored by the spammer, and
the URL used may tell him which addressee you are.
  Similarly, the email program may have no other way to know how to draw the
message than by executing embedded/downloaded code.  But *most* infected
emails require that you click on a link or open an attachment to trigger the
infection, so you will probably be okay in that regard.

David Gillett

On 9 Oct 2005 at 13:31, generalstuff wrote:

> If I right-click on an email and select "forward," a window comes up
> showing me the email.  Does this "count" as opening the email as far
> as a spammer seeing your address exists, and/or as far as being able
> to "catch" something from the email?
>
> I usually view unknown messages in text via Properties/Detail/Source,
> but it would be much simpler to view it via Forward - unless that is
> just as bad a opening it.
>
> AnnaSummers

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml