Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 01:02:22 -0500
Roy Schriftman, MS, MBA wrote:
> Mostly it is the personal preference of the tech you are talking to versus
> a real need to reset everything.

i know i mentioned this several months ago, but perhaps with more members on
the list more insight can be provided.  when i spoke with ibm tech support
over the summer, they told me that "improperly shutting down" the computer,
or hitting the power or reset button before quitting windows, approximately
ten times will result in corrupted files and the only thing to do at that
point would be to completely re-install windows.  this seems logical since,
in the newer versions of win95, microsoft has incorporated scandisk for
whenever this scenario occurs, but still, ibm never gave me a
straight-forward answer for why it's bad.  does this hold any truth to it,
and if so, why?

mark simmons