Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:47:22 -0700
Wanda,
In your case, it is probably quicker and easier to start over once you have
removed all references to Netscape. (Method 3). You may want to use a Registry
Cleaner s/w to fix your registries prior to the re-install. If the re-install
fails to solve this issue, please re-post so we can look at other avenues.
HTH.

Regards,
Dharam

Wanda Irby wrote:

> Method one is what I did!  It asked me to create a user profile so I
> did. Never has this happened before when I upgraded.  I set up all the
> preferences back the way I had them.  No problem there.  But all
> bookmarks and addresses were gone.  Okay.  I have most in another disk
> (removeable).  Loaded them again.  Everything worked fine until I shut
> down.  The next time I started the computer it is all to do over again
> and has been that way since I upgraded to 4.72. So I reloaded 4.5.  It
> has always worked fine but now it does the same thing.  Should I delete
> everything and start over?
>
> Dharam Bhardwaj wrote:
> >
> > Lately, I have seen a few posts on this subject.
> > I have used the following 2 methods, flawlessly since version 2.0.
> > My preference is method 1, which has never failed me, and is also in
> > Netscape's readme files.
> >
> > 1. Simply download the newer version and install over existing.
> >     Netscape replaces the older with the newer and all
> >     bookmarks/cache/mail/news remain intact.
> >
> > 2. Uninstall current version.
> >     The \netscape\user directories are NOT deleted.
> >     Install newer version. Voila, all bookmarks, etc. are all there.
> >
> > If neither method works, then things have gone haywire.
> > In this case, uninstall current version, and backup the profile.
> > Clean out the registry of unwanted Netscape entries, delete any
> > lingering shortcuts(Netscape), delete Netscape directories, and start
> > fresh. Manually create a profile with the same name, and start Netscape.
> > Close Netscape. THEN, replace the new profile with the old.
> > This method has also worked for me on several occasions.
> >
> > If none of these methods work, then the problem is likely not Netscape.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html