Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:51:09 -0600
William Closure wrote:
> 1)   Will I still be able to block unrated sites, with password
> protection, like I can with IE?

No. Netscape assumes you know what you're doing and don't need
any control. You can turn off Java, Javascript, Style Sheets, etc.
to block annoyances, but you'll need extra utilities to block
ads, viruses, porn or whatever IE pretends to be blocking.

> 2)   Any warnings, cautions or concerns in downloading Netscape?

There are two models of Netscape; Original with the latest version
of 4.79, (I think), and the new Mozilla version with 6.21 the latest.
For Browser only; Both work well. 4.x has a few bugs especially
with poorly coded web pages. 6.x version works great, but still has
problems with bad, non-standard code, (code which IE loves, but is
still not WWWC standard).
When installing either version, the install will ask which
processes you want it to take control of, such as HTML, JPG, etc.
Uncheck, unselect each one or else you'll have problems. IE does
not like to be anything other than the default. You'll still be
able to run Netscape with no problems, ie; when you click a
link in netscape, it will open in netscape.

You can install both 4.x and 6.x and other browsers as well. Just
pay attention while installing that one doesn't overwrite another,
or take the default browser function away from IE, (in Win 98 and
later where IE is integrated into the OS). Web designers should
have several browsers to view their code.  We wish :)

For full Communicator suite, including Netscape Mail; 4.x Messenger,
(mail), is great. 6.x's mail and newsgroup programs are buggy.
JMHO   Larry Hooper

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml