Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Wayne Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:11:33 -0500
I use Windows 98 to do a custom install of IE6 (the custom part
allows for downloading and installing it later.  It also allows for
choosing what OS's to get IE files for).  I then burn the files to a
CD or copy them to a network drive.  If you only have Win 2000/XP
you are limited as to what you can do.

- Wayne Copeland

A customer's XPPro laptop will connect to the net, get Outlook mail
and download antivirus updates.  But Internet Explorer 6 refuses to
Explore the Internet.

I've run 'sfc /scannow' to try and repair IE but that didn't do
it.

Microsoft suggest reinstalling IE but this isn't as easy as they
make it sound.

Their fix is to alter a registry setting which fools the system
into thinking IE6 is no longer installed, then reinstall IE.

(Which is just an over-install anyway, as IE6 is still there)

But there's a significant obstacle to this plan which M$ appear to
have overlooked: Where does one find a re-deployable IE6?  Their
download site doesn't allow IE6 to be saved for future use, it says
specifically that a 'custom' download of IE6 isn't possible for 2K
and XP.

Suggestions welcomed.

TX

Ian Porter