Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 23:27:11 -0600
From: Diana Benoit : Subject: [PCSOFT] Photos

> Does anyone know of a program into which I can scan a photo, touch it up
if
> necessary, enlarge or shrink it, crop it etc. and print it out on photo
paper
> it will look like a good photo?  Would a certain kind of printer give me
that
> quality?
>
> I have scanned photos into Printmaster Gold 8.0 and done all of the above
> them and have printed them with an HP Deskjet 890C.  They are OK, but I'd
like
> better.
>
> Anyone have any success in this area?
>
> Thanks,
> Diana

Diana,

The printer can make a big difference but you also need a good program to
edit the photos in.  Adobe Photo Deluxe is a good choice.  One problem with
printing pictures on most of the printers right now is that the colors will
fade with time.  Epson has a new printer and paper that are supposed to last
as long as photos printed by photo labs.  From Epson's site: "Lightfastness
rated approximately 15 years before noticeable fading occurs, under a glass
frame in normal indoor fluorescent lighting, when using Genuine EPSON ink
cartridges and EPSON Matte Paper Heavyweight; approximately 10 years under
the same conditions when using EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper. This rating
is comparable to standard color photo lab prints tested under similar
accelerated conditions. Results will vary depending on lighting conditions,
humidity, color intensity, color range and print media. Water-resistant
prints are produced using Genuine EPSON ink cartridges and EPSON Premium
Glossy Photo Paper or EPSON Photo Paper."

They have 3 models the Epson Photo 780, the 785DC which allows you to insert
your memory card from a Digital Camera and print directly from the memory
card or transfer the pictures to your PC for editing, and the large format
1270.  I have the original Epson Photo 700 and when I use their 4x6 Photo
paper you can not tell that I printed the picture.  The newer models have an
even smaller ink dot then the 700.  They use 6 colors for printing instead
of 4, which I think makes a difference in the tonal qualities of the
pictures.  The print can only be as good as the quality of picture that you
start with though.

Mary Wolden

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html