Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:50:05 -0500
Hi Phil,

I appreciate your candor in "fessing up" that you also were one of the holdouts in
installing SP2.

As a short interlude I should tell you my own experience:
After I installed SP2 I had nothing but trouble with my video drivers (among other
things) for an ATI video card.Resetting the drivers to ATI drivers solved it,but for
6 months after,each M$ Update would reset them to the M$ "sanctioned" drivers,which
caused high CPU usage as well as caused a lot of smearing and black streaks on the
screen.Finally M$ stopped interfering with the drivers and let me have the official
ATI drivers :)You'll understand that this kind of interference is not only very
annoying but also unacceptable.For me,as an "OEM" user,support from M$ was next to NIL.

One word of caution though : Since software developers started to write programs to
accommodate the changed DLLs in SP2 and now SP3 , it is possible that some
applications may not work as well, if these parts of the Service Pack are missing.
So, while an older version of this software might still work,an updated version might
not.
Also,some security updates actually have merit,notwithstanding my remarks on some of
those security updates.
I'm acquainted with several people who have applied the M$ Updates only selectively
and judiciously in order to avoid the bloat that would have come by installing those
updates without any regard whether they needed them or not.
Don't count on the M$ statements that their scan engine will detect what you need
and only that will be installed.This is just empty reassurance on their part.
I know some people who tried to update at the M$ website and were notified that their
  OS (XP Pro) was not supported ( OS was identified as Linux ,haha)
With that kind of record ,don't count on accuracy from M$.
I don't think I need say anymore - the records of their screw-ups are there for all
to see -ie if one wants to see them.M$ fans usually don't ;)

Peter E.