Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 11:05:57 -0400
"Best way" is very subjective, and depends on your level
of technical skills...

IF you (or a competent friend) are comfortable with hardware changes,
AND IF doing the following would NOT void your warranty
on the new machine --
The "easiest way" would be the following:

"I" would remove the hard drive from the old machine
and temporarily install it to the new machine.
(It can sit outside the new machine, connected by only cables...)
This requires great care, specific instructions, jumper changes,
possible BIOS setting changes, etc.

If this sound interesting, please write back TO THE LIST for further instructions...
(And expect lots of list member questions about your  specific hardware.)

Plan "B"  (This may actually be the "best way"...)
Since you seem to have a CD burner in the old computer,
isn't there a way you could re-organize the files to fit on
multiple CD-Rs.  This would be "more work", but has the added
benefit of a "painless" hardware solution, PLUS a permanent
back-up of those files...

                                                     Rick Glazier

CC:[log in to unmask] (FYI only. Please reply on list.)

From: "Deb Blanchard" <[log in to unmask]>
> Hello all.  I am getting a new computer and would like to know
>how the best way to move all my documents, pictures, etc. to the
>new computer.  My files are too large to backup onto a CD as I've tried.
>They are even too large for a 128 mb thumb drive (or whatever they
>are called).  Thanks for any advice.  DB

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml