Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:46:34 -0500
From: "Chris Rivenbark" :Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 8:12 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Exit to MS-Dos Mode

> System Hangs when exiting to MS-DOS mode:
>
> The issue is directly related to the Sound Blaster Live!Value Card or
software.

> Removed the card and the Exit to MS-DOS Mode worked fine.  Believe it may
have
> something to do w/ the SB16 emulation in DOS mode.
>
> Will remove all the SBLV software and see what the results are.  Tried
REM'ing
> out all the SB-related statements in Autoexec.bat - didn't help.
>
> --
> Chris Rivenbark

 Chris,

To disable SB Emulation mode for the SB Live you also have to go to Device
Manager, look for the "Creative Miscellaneous Devices" category, expand it
and select The "Creative SB16 Emulation", select properties and check the
"Disable in this hardware profile", click "OK".  If you do not disable in
Device Manager it will keep reinstalling itself even though you have remed
the lines in the autoexec.bat.

I have both a SB Live and a SB Live Value edition using Liveware3.0 with DOS
emulation enabled for both machines and have not had any trouble restarting
in MS DOS mode.  The SB16 emulation is set on IRQ 5, with standard sound
card I/O and DMA 1 and 5 for both computers.  Which OS are you using?  I
have both Win98SE and Win98.

Mary Wolden

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html