Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 09:11:49 -0500
Kelly Younger wrote:

> Jim Meagher wrote:
>
> > Kelly,
> >
> > You may be able to just type in C:\WINDOWS\WIN and press the ENTER key.
> > Try that and see if it loads.
>
> Greetings All,
> Tried this command (no other suggestions worked AT ALL, but many thanks
> anyway!) and got a message "HIMEM.SYS is missing. Make sure this file is
> in your Windows folder." Well, I checked my Windows folder and sure
> enough there it is. I've edited config.sys and autoexec.bat files on my
> C drive and on the floppy with my CD-ROM drivers 'til I'm blue in the
> face.

Kelly,

Did you try the second half of my suggestion?
Just copy them both to drive a:
The ONLY editing you need to do is to add a   C:    to the front
end of the commands (if it's not already there) in both config.sys
and autoexec.bat.

The path statements are correct already (otherwise you would not be
able to do a normal boot from C:)  but when you move the command
statements to the floppy, you also need to modify the commands
so that they understand that they need to go to drive C before trying
to locate the file/program/driver.

For example:
\WINDOWS\COMMAND\SCANDISK  "says"
open the windows\command folders -on-the-current-drive- and load the app
BUT
C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\SCANDISK  "says"
go to drive c first and then open the \windows\command folder and
load the app

Understand the difference?

--
Jim Meagher