Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:05:14 -0400
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:54:37 -0400 Catherine Williamson wrote:
 > I'm not sure if this problem is software or hardware,
 > so I'll just try here. My computer had 2 HDs ( C and
 > D drives, each set as master on its IDE ) with the
 > CD Rom cable plugged into the controller on my sound
 > card (yes, it's very old).
 > Drive D was compressed with Drivespace. I run
 > Win98SE. When I deleted and removed my second
 > harddisk, I thought my CD Rom would be
 > re-assigned as "D" but it remained as "E".
 > I would appreciate advice as to how I can
 > re-assign "D" to my CD Rom.

Hi Catherine

Go to Device Manager (Control Panel->System->Device Manager)
and double click CDROM. Then double click the CDROM drive
whose drive letter you wish to change. Choose the "Settings"
tab. At the bottom where it says "Reserved Drive Letters",
use the drop down menues to put a D in both the Start Drive
Letter and End Drive Letter boxes. Click OK, exit Control
Panel, and then reboot. That may do it for you.

Regards,
Bill

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml