Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rosalind Walters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 00:34:59 +1000
                   At 01:15 17/08/00 -0400, Rick Glazier wrote:
>(This is in reference to the e-mail Wscript.Kak Worm and others.)
>For those of you that followed the early instructions that were
>on the WEB for disabling "Windows Scripting Host", (like I followed),
>take note -- I just discovered they do not work and found out why.
>
>Anyone that ONLY renamed wscript.exe to a different extension will
>be surprised to find that Windows (95B at least) will "correct" the file
>association type AND RUN a "BAK" file as if it was an "EXE" or "BAT"
>file... Seems strange to me, but there is NO wscript.exe on my system
>ONLY wscript.baK
>but I can run the "Windows Scripting Host" just fine...
>
>To test, put the entire following line (use copy and paste) in notepad:
>
>MsgBox "Windows Scripting Host is working.", 0, "OH NO!!!"
>
>Save the file as:           script-h.vbs
>Be sure to get the extension right.
>Try to run this file by double-clicking on it...
>If it runs, you are not protected from (some of) the e-mail viruses that are
>going around.  Symantec has numerous pages on this file type and gives
>proper instructions to correct any misinformation you/we have gotten
>ELSEWHERE in the past about this file type/e-mail virus.
>A page link is as follows:
>http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000050512031906
>Also search (in the virus search section) for Wscript.Kak
>                      Rick Glazier

Greetings Rick and list,

  For anyone who does not want to disable or remove "Windows Scripting
Host", there is another option provided free by Winmag.

Go to :
http://www.winmag.com/fixes/watchdog/default.htm

and get the  Winmag program "WatchDog". Described on the web page as follows:

"WatchDog becomes the default program for Visual Basic Script (VBS) and
other scripting files.When one of these files is launched, WatchDog will
look it over and warn you of any possible security risks. You can then
determine whether the file is supposed to be taking these actions and how
to proceed. An install script, for example, might raise some flags for file
copying and Registry writing, but still be legitimate. Alternately, if
WatchDog reports that the 'love letter' you just received in your e-mail
inbox will overwrite files and access Microsoft Outlook, you might want to
steer clear."

It worked just fine on the script-h.vbs file Rick suggested making as a test.

Regards,
Rosalind Walters

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>