Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:55:42 -0800
On 26 Feb 98 at 17:06, Harvey Rose wrote:

> I was trying to restore a backup with 6.2 using the Restore
> command from Dos using he old restore command from Dos. I'm using
> Windows 95 as the operating system. I copied the restore command
> from Dos on the harddrive but it gives me "incorrect version."  The
> software I'm using DOS version has this the restore command build
> in using The Dos command.  How can I restore an old backup with the
> restore command with Windows 95 as the operating system? I imagine
> this is a common problem.

  It might be possible to fool the 6.2 RESTORE using the SETVER
command, but that may or may not work.  Microsoft's BACKUP/RESTORE
have never, in 16 years of evolution, handled version upgrades in a
robust manner.
  You copied that RESTORE from somewhere.  Any chance that you can
boot from a 6.2 boot floppy and run the restore from there?  (You may
not have access to any FAT32 partitions if you do that....)

David G