Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
a fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:08:22 -0400
I would not recommend letting Windows XP "remember" your passwords - they are not encrypted.  Roboform works great for me.  It is very convenient for logging on sites and for filling forms.  Of course, my strongest password is on Roboform itself.  I am the only one using my computer, so I have key passwords on a paper taped to my desk.  The passwords are numbered (p1, p2, etc.), so for password hints or for encrypted Zip file comments, I can just designate the password NUMBER and then look beside that number on my list for the password ... p3 =  lk)*98nMt(fQ.  The Roboform password is pretty much the only one I have to do that with now for the internet (Roboform can't automatically fill passwords on files you have encrypted)(although the Roboform password is memorized - by my fingers - I don't use words; I use 12 keystrokes memorized by my fingers that include random numbers, letters, caps, & other characters).  Occasionally I print out the Roboform list of the passwords it is holding to keep for offline backup.    I don't encrypt all of the passwords in Roboform.  For relatively unimportant sites (such as a newsletter, not my bank) I don't encrypt the password in Roboform (you don't have to encrypt all passwords - if they aren't encrypted, then you don't have to enter the Roboform password to use them).

Ann Fennell

PS If you are "logged on" to your Roboform file, then whenever you have/leave it open/logged-on-to, the password it not required to view the passwords, so you may want to "logoff" from Roboform if you are leaving your computer on, but idle, for a while.

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Ecclestone
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 2:45 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Password security

Does anyone know which of the following is the most secure way of
storing passwords?

Roboform
IE native password storage
Firefox native password storage

Comments would be appreciated.  My thought is that hackers
know where to look for passwords for IE in particular - but
more than likely for all of the programs when you get right
down to it.  Should all of these programs/features be avoided?
---------
Regards,
Paul Ecclestone

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: