Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
List Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:03:05 -0800
Sometimes we reject a submission to the LISTs, because it contains too much
old, unedited, material. For example, if somebody posts quoting the entire
digest, ... or If we see two old list signatures tagged on to the end of
the submission, and the list server is about to add a third one, ... or a
lot of old subscriber signatures and  headers,... we are going to reject
the post and request that you clean it up and resubmit it.  We don't do
this just to keep the list looking clean, easy to read, and with a
professional, no nonsense, appearance. There is another more important reason.

I recently had a dialog, with one of our subscribers, who lives in the
United Kingdom. He pays for phone service, and Internet access, beyond a
baseline figure, by the minute. He has a slow, dial up connection, 26,400
Kbs, which is very common world wide, but he has to pay for the time it
takes to download all our messages. We have had subscribers actually have
to unsubscribe, because they couldn't afford to download the volume of mail
our lists generate.

This reminded me of how my old CompUServ account was charged,  back in 1990
to 1994, before the web, and what a pain it was! My monthly bill could run
anywhere from 15 dollars to 100 dollars. I remember the very first file I
downloaded in a CompUServ form, An avi video from NASA of the first Apollo
11 moon walk, which was about 2.5 megs. I remember debating with my self
about whether or not I wanted to do this, because it cost me around 10
dollars, and took hours with my 2400 Kbs modem.

In the U.S.A, we take for granted, our high quality, fast, and inexpensive,
Internet access choices, ...be it dial up, or broadband connection. But
many other countries are not so fortunate, and this is why we ask all
subscribers, to take a few seconds to edit their replies, and remove old
headers, and signatures, as well as any content that isn't absolutely
necessary to understanding what the thread is about. Don't go overboard,
and remove all the quoted material, or only those involved in the thread
will know what it is about. We want any new reader to be able to understand
any post, at any point, in a thread.

When you take the time to edit your replies, you are not just keeping the
list appearance clean, professional, and making our job easier... you are
also helping other subscribers, who may not be as fortunate as yourself.

Please do not reply to this post, on the list, or your submission will be
rejected. Of course, you can always post comments to me, or any moderator,
or list owner, directly.

For a Quick Start Guide to using the LISTs, and full posting requirements,
you can refer to
http://freepctech.com/pc/001/mailing_list_posting.shtml

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you helping to make
PCSOFT the best software support list on the Internet!

Mark Rode
Moderator  PCBUILD / PCSOFT
http://freepctech.com

The NOSPIN Group