Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:30:02 -0500
Hi Steve,

Yes, your system restore files are infected. Either you or Windows created a
restore point while this Trojan was on your system. Windows protects those
files and that is why you, or your anti-virus, can't touch them. You can fix
it by disabling and re-enabling System Restore as follows:

Be aware that you will lose all restore points by following this
procedure. Bring up System Properties from the Control Panel and click on
the Performance Tab. Then click on the File System button. Next, click on
the Troubleshooting Tab. Put a check mark next to "Disable System Restore".
Click "OK", then "OK" again. You will be prompted to restart the computer.
Click "Yes".

After the system has restarted, run another system scan with your
anti-virus. It should show the system to be clean. Repeat the above
procedure, this time turning System Restore on again and restart. Windows
will create a restore point (System Checkpoint) automatically.

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Devincenzo" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 10:02 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] AVAST found a virus

Hi:  I just ran AVAST and it found a virus that norton did NOT discover.  It
is Win32:Adware-002 {Tri}.  And its in c:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS30.CAB.  It
will not let me repair, delete, or move this file.  Is this bad?  How do I
fix this, and does this mean my System Restore in Windows ME is corrupted?
Please advise.  Thanks advance.    Steve.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml