Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 10:47:40 -0800
On 30 Nov 2002, at 15:50, Dianne Gronfors wrote:

> We had to do a virus scan on a laptop (Compaq Presario).  It found and
> deleted 39 files but apparently, a file that is needed to start any and
> all programmes is missing now.  When we try to open any programme, we get
> the message that the following file is missing and is needed to open files
> of type "application"  .  The file is: toix".exe.  I did a search on that
> file but only found reference to toix.exe.  I tried to use that one but it
> didn't work.  Hope someone has an idea of a solution.  Thanks.  Dianne

  It sounds to me like one of the infections had set an association for the
.EXE file type.  Rather than reinstall this file, I think the correct
solution is to remove this incorrect association.

  My inclination would be to search the registry for references to this
name, and delete them.  But check the archives -- removing incorrect
associations of the .EXE file type has come up on the list before, and
there's probably a more elegant/friendly solution.

David Gillett

                       http://freepctech.com/rode