Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:24:40 +1000
Michael wrote:
>Has anyone experienced after downloading SP3 for MS XP?>>

As with any major OS upgrade, I suspect it is best installed on a
freshly-reformatted drive.

Most of the major probs arising from SP2 seemed to stem from it being
installed on top of a lot of software/hardware already on the computer.
This is bound to be fraught with potential difficulties.

In my own case, I tried several times to install SP2 without success onto
an existing system. It simply got part way through each time, then stalled
somewhere along the line. This seems consistent from what I've read in
various forums.

After reformatting, I installed SP2 immediately after installing XP---it
went without a hitch and has been perfect ever since. I think this is
Microsoft's recommendation.  It's logical, anyway.

I would recommend the same for SP3. Installing it over the top of existing
stuff may work for some, or it may work partly, or it may be a disaster.
This explains why some users report it's fine for them, while others say
it's no good.

My suggestion would be to wait until you need to overhaul your system.
Meantime, secure your computer by other and better means.

Patches and updates are bit like putting the ambulance at the bottom of the
cliff. It's better to put in place proper and simple security safeguards.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                       http://freepctech.com/rode