Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:09:24 -0500
Errors all over the "map"?

When I built this computer, I had all sorts of random errors during
and after multiple installs on WinXP-PRO on a first class MB known
as a good overclocker - (No, I do not...)

The errors were entirely too random (and all over the place), and most
pointed to hardware and "generally" toward RAM.  (BSOD)

I called Crucial and discovered the numbers you see on their site were
not the FULL number they send you, so if you take that number and
buy "everything" in one place with the "shorter" number, you do not get
the RAM they would have sent you direct, (sometimes)...
They are a good company and replaced it. (Must be after 30 days.)
In other words, I got to see an excessive number of RAM errors for a month...

I ran the system with full post testing for months, and then switched
to "quick post" in the BIOS...

Something happened, (several errors and then a no boot condition?) that
got my attention.
I turned on the full post testing, and IT told me the RAM was bad.
(RAM would not count up right...)
Actually, two Crucial sticks would no longer work together.  Either was
fine, but not in this machine together.  Mixing brands actually helped (Go figure.)

I tested a half dozen sticks in the machine and found two that worked together
and returned the "problem" one.  Since this machine has worked again for months,
I'm putting the replacement in another identical Mother Board.

Hope this helps...                          Rick Glazier

From: "don penlington"