Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:17:40 -0500
Darlene Bost wrote:

> Help!  Last evening when I when to read my mail, it said loading summary file
> and would never get past 82%.  I deinstalled and reinstalled and now it won't
> even do that!  I have Netscape Communicator 4.0 running on an Intel Pentium 133
> with 32 meg ram and two hd - 1.6 and 6.1.

I suggest deleting the offending summary file, (most likely Inbox.snm),
which Netscape will automatically rebuild the next time it needs to
access the file. Removing the program and reinstalling it will not
remove or rebuild the summary files, as it is expected that users will
want to keep those files intact.

To delete the summary file(s), close Netscape, then use Windows Explorer
to navigate to your email folder. The default folder is usually
C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\users\[your user name]\Mail. In
that folder you should see several pairs of files. The files with NO
extension at all are your actual email messages in plain text form. The
corresponding files with the .snm extension are the summary files, which
are essentially an index that keeps track of the contents of the email
files. Delete Inbox.snm and/or whatever email folder is giving you
trouble. Then fire up Netscape and you'll see a status message telling
you that Netscape is rebuilding the summary file.

99% of the time, that will do it. It's also possible that the actual
email file is corrupt, though. If that's the case, you should move it
out of the Mail folder and see if Netscape starts normally. You can
always attempt to open the file with a text editor, such as WordPad.

Jeff Delzer

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html