Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kris Shapar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 13:00:02 -0500
On  8 Mar 98 about Re: [PCSOFT] What About Win98?, Jim Meagher
<[log in to unmask]> had this to say:

> Kris Shapar wrote:
> >
> > Windows 98 is essentially a way to get all the fixes and improvements
> > to Win 95 in one convenient package,
> <SNIP>
> > It includes some features, such as support for multiple monitors,
>
> But what other new features are there?  Everyone (including
> magazines) always seems to say the same thing... multiple monitors...
> is that it?

No, there's the Windows Update feature, System File Checker,
conversion to Fat 32, an improved Doctor Watson (offers a lot more
information when your machine crashes), and other stuff, some of
which is available via 3rd parties, some not.

> I've heard the street price will be in the $125US price range.
> Sounds pretty expensive for something that is just
> "...all the fixes and improvements in one convenient package"

For me, I really like multiple monitors. And I like the idea of
getting an improved 95 -- what my boss calls essentially Win 95,
version 1.2. However, I don't think this is anything like the step
forward that Win95 was over Win 3.x  -- and  I waited about a year
and a half before going to 95 from 3.1, doing so only when I had
to (to run certain programs). If you have the hardware to support
it, going to NT 5 will be a much bigger deal, if you really want to
update your operating system.

Kris Shapar

          To doubt everything or to believe everything
          are two equally convenient solutions; both
          dispense with the necessity of reflection.

                              - Jules Henri Poincaré