Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 05:46:55 -0500
--- Nicki Gemmell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a homebuilt (but 2nd hand) P111 750 compter.
> Specs are 128 MB ram,
> 32 MB TNT Riva video, 20 GB HDD (partitioned into 4
> dives), HP8100 CDRW,
> Sony DVD, Win 98SE, Office2k pro.  I also use Active
> Sync with a HP458
> Journada and have a HP5200 scanner and a HP720
> deskjet printer.
>
> The problem that I am facing is a mega slowdown down
> when I open office
> documents.  Since last weekend, it takes me up to 20
> seconds to get a word
> or excell document up on screen.  During that time
> the machine is unusable
> as nothing works.  The only cvhanges that I made are
> adding some more fonts
> (I do have about 100 fonts loaded) and installing
> the lastest printer
> drivers - to correct a known HP issue - not that its
> hugely better, now it
> throws up error messages instead of freezing).  I
> have installed SP1 for
> office2k - in an attempt to fix things up, but i am
> reluctant to get the
> other upgrades onto my machine if I am going to have
> to re-install windows
> anyway.
>
> I would appreciate any help at all - I am a busy
> teacher who has nbo time at
> all to muck around!
>
> Nicki Gemmell

Nicki
Here's something you can try. First, try closing down
some of the programs that you have running before
lot of resources. You seem to have a sufficient amount
of RAM installed on your system, but depending on the
type of and how many programs you have loading at
bootup, this 128Mb of RAM you have can disappear as
fast as you can say "system freeze", so when it comes
time to load an Office program, you don't have enough
resources left. Another possibility is that it is time
for a scandisk and defrag on your hard drive.