Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
V Vishwanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 15:16:13 +0530

This is for other members just in case some of them are interested

From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: [PCSOFT] strange
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 14:56:44 +0530

Thanks Peter,for your valuable input.

(1)"What you experience typically happens if you're trying to execute software........"

No, the msg appears or (used to)as soon as the m/c booted up even before i put my hand on the mouse

(2)">
> R-click My Computer > Properties.............."
This confirms my long held belief that MS distribute different versions (with very minor variations) of
at least win xp discs to different countries. I am in India and the disc purchased here.
R-click my comp. I get......open/explore/just zip it/just zipit and e-mail/run sandboxed/search/merge/
map network drive/disconnect network drive/scan with malwarebytes/send to/cut/copy/create shortcut/delete/rename
properties.

(3)click properties.... I get type of file(shortcut)/description(my comp)
(4)click advanced I get......."choose the options you want for this file"
(a)archive&index attributes
ready fot archiving ....(ticked)
for fast searching,allow indexing service to index the file.....(ticked)

(b)compress or encrypt attributes........both (un ticked)

So that I don't bore the Moderator any more, what I did was restored to a date prior to my install of
printer pro and then rebooted thrice. wow no MSG!!!!.
But obviously, there was no printer pro which i purchased from apple after trying their free "lite"version to make sure
that my printer was detected.It did and printed a test page. then I purchased the full version?

So undid the "restore" and booted up thrice. WOW again... no msg
it seems windows has corrected itself and I have my printer pro working.
mystries do happen.
tks again
Venkat

PS. A search for DEP resulted in 35 results!!!!!

> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] strange
> Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 13:29:04 -0400
>
> Hi Venkat,
>
> DEP or Data Execution Prevention is used in 2 ways : Software and hardware.
>
> Hardware DEP depends on your systems processor, but this seems software DEP. on bootup.
>
> What you experience typically happens if you're trying to execute software on bootup that your hardware doesn't support.
>
> However ,please check your DEP settings to see which option you have selected.
>
> R-click My Computer > Properties
> You'll get the System Properties panel.
> Select the Advanced tab ,then select Performance ,then Settings.
> In the resulting Performance Options panel ,select Data Execution Prevention.
> On this "page" , you'll have 2 options:
> "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and Services only"
> OR
> "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select."
>
> In general ,it's easier to just select the 1st option > Windows programs and services.
> It makes working with non Windows software more convenient.
>
> If you have selected the 2nd option , you have the choice to turn off DEP for programs you specify.
> In my view more cumbersome ,but for some it may appear to be safer.
>
> Try to uninstall one of your newly added programs. My guess it's Print Pro from iTunes but try one at-a-time.
>
> To read more about it ,check Help and Support (Start menu) and look for Understanding Data Execution Prevention
> (You can input this term into the Search box)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Peter E.

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads