Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:42:26 -0500
From: "Peter"
> The CD does not carry a serial number (as far as I know), but you will
> need to have the serial number of the OS for the computer you are
> transferring the OS on. The serial number is located on the authenticity
> label that comes with the computer or Windows CD package. If you do not have
> the serial number, then there is a problem!

On a working computer, ONE easy way to get the instalation key (for most
versions of Windows) is with the free version of Belarc Advisor.
*    The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and
*    hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web
*    browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is
*    not sent to any web server.
I have no connection to them, and it it free.

NOTE ALSO that since the original install CD is missing, even though you
bought a different (new)  one, it may be of a different type and not be able to use
your old install key...  I believe that OEM keys (and their are different sub-types
of even those) do NOT work with the "FPP" full product package AKA Retail
install CDs...  Welcome to the wonderful world (and sometimes convoluted and
frustrating) of software anti-piracy...  This is different from WPA.  This is different
"key types" for different "CD types"...

Keeping a full backup "image file" is a good way to protect ALL of your installed
computer software and data, and also keep the installed OS protected.

                              Rick Glazier