Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:49:53 -0500
Here is an easy way to test if an Anti-virus program is working:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eicar_test_file>
<http://eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm>
<http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2003-121611-3209-99>

Being some sort of new install<?>, or re-install from scratch<?>, the AV test string should
be detected if some AV is working that you do not know about.
(It is not a virus, it is a test built into ALL good AV programs since 2003...)

I'd also check add-remove programs for an AV program.
Dell used to like to push Norton "demo" versions that would
expire in about 90 days.  Norton AV, more recently in a bundle
such as Norton Internet Security, etc.
Any restore disk from DELL would likely have that on it.
Any type of CD from MS would likely be clean of anything like that.
If you have anything Norton, note the name and year in case you need to
get a Norton cleaner directly from the Norton Support WEB site.
Norton stuff can be VERY hard to get rid of sometimes, and the
year is necessary to pick the proper cleaning program (or programs.)

Here is a good local program to Audit the PC. It lists what it needs as far
as MS patches, and ALL programs that are installed:
<http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html>

PS: I saw two places the original OS was:
a.. OS Provided Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
<http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1610>
<http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_Dimension_2400/4505-3118_7-30824846.html>
General specs:
<http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2400/en/sm_en/specs.htm>
In depth EXE that expands to an HTML listing on lots or pages of specs:
<http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2400/en/index.htm>
Get "Service Manual" Download in HTML section.

I have used the following on systems with specs like yours:
"AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition - trusted by 80 millions of users"
(FWIW:  I do a custom install, and leave out the link and e-mail scanners.)

                                                 Rick Glazier