Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 23:23:31 -0400
Hi Julie--

This should work for you:

L0 = Low (that's a Zero)
L1 = Low
L2 = Medium
L3 = High

M0 = Speaker always off (again, a Zero)
M1 = Speaker on until carrier active (usual default)

Try setting it this way, go to Control Panel> Modems. Under the
General Tab, highlight your modem (if not already) then click
Properties.

Choose the Connection Tab, then the Advanced button. In the Extra
Settings box near the bottom, enter one of the above AT commands.
Note, you don't need to preface the command with "AT". Understand,
your modem may vary, but this should work for you. Be sure to Click OK
to save the settings as you exit Control Panel's windows.

HTH
Dave Gibson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Date:    Sun, 23 May 1999 19:23:32 -0500
>From:    Julie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: modem speaker setting
>
>Hi,
>
>I have a new computer (Win 98) with a USR modem but the option to
>set the speaker volume in "modem properties" is greyed out.  I
>believe that there is a setting in a file which I can switch to "0",
>assuming it is presently set to "1",  but I don't recall which file
it is.  >Anyone?

Thank you,

Julie Shanks

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: