Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Clemence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:22:48 -0000
Hi,
I have been using AVG 7 on my desktop, laptop and my wifes laptop. I recently bought myself a new laptop and installed the latest AVG 7.5 but when the older version, 7 finished being supported, I tried to update on my desktop and older laptop, (which I had passed on to my wife), but it failed with the following message -

""Local machine: installation failed
    Installation:
        Error: Action failed for file avg7.lng: creating backup....
            The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
another process.  (32) %DESTINATION% = "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG
Free\avg7.lng.install_backup", %SOURCE% = "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG
Free\avg7.lng"

I then tried to uninstall the existing AVG software but again that failed with the following message -

"Installer initialization failed due to following error:
    Error: Initialization of the language file "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free" failed.
        General failure."

It seems that I am locked into a antivirus programme that I can no longer update nor uninstall. I tried contact AVG but they were very unhelpful indicating the only way I could get support was if I had a "paid up" programme and registered.
Has anyone any ideas how I can uninstall this useless software - I am loath to load another antivirus while AVG is still on the system.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
John Clemence.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: