Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:26:34 -0400
Mixed in:

From: "David Gillett"
> Issue #1:
>
>   With NAV scanning outbound email, my ISP very often rejects my mail.
> Turning on Norton's "avoid timeouts" seems to help a little, but not enough.

I turned off scanning outbound mail because it steals "the system focus"
differently than any other program I have ever used... (Very annoying...)

FWIW: I use several different places to send POP3 mail. All need very different
settings (including different ports, and - with and with-out verification).
Sometimes one of the vendors changes the required settings and then tries to
fake (or re-direct) things so "we users" do not have to fix up things on our end...
(That only works for so long before causing trouble...) You might want to go
over your settings with a fine toothed comb...

> Issue #2:
>
>   One of Symantec's suggested workarounds -- the only one that looks likely
> to help -- is to turn off scanning of outbound email.  Except it seems that
> turning off scanning of email in the configuration screen has no effect on
> the actual behaviour of the program!
>
>   Can anyone suggest a less-drastic fix than uninstall?

Have you run the two(?) cleaners that Symantec has for their products?
When Norton runs, it runs well, but when it breaks it can be quite a chore
to get it "right" again...  I guess this is because it works SO low in the
OS and maybe goes where MS does not document too well... <grin>...

                                                         Rick Glazier

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml