Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:10:59 +1300
If Xcopy is on the A drive, your command should begin A:\> xcopy
e:\*.*.......and so on.  Alternatively, copy xcopy to the c drive and run it
from there.  Incidentally, do you have Xcopy32, the later version, or the
earlier xcopy?

I'm not sure if I've put the preceding info as well as I could have so I'll
describe how I do this exercise.  I often copy the contents of a Windows CD
to a formatted hard drive, then install Windows from there. To do this, I
create a folder on C called Winstart.

It pays to have a boot disk which contains just about every handy DOS file
avaiIable, but fdisk, xcopy32 and DOS drivers for the CDRom are essentials.
If you have a problem with this, let me know.  There's a good disk on this
list's own website at http://freepctech.com/rode

My procedure goes like this: (Assuming that the boot disk will assign the
letter M to the CD drive)
Boot up
Insert the CD into the drive
The prompt should read A:\>_
Type    md c:\winstart    (This creates the Winstart directory on C)
Type   xcopy32 m:\*.* c:\winstart /s/e     (This says: Copy everything on M
to C:\Winstart, keeping the directory structure intact)

Hitting Enter kicks off the procedure.

Once that's done, I reboot and at the 'a' prompt type:
C  (enter)
cd winstart  (enter)
setup  (enter)

.....and so on.  I guess in your case, you need to get Ghost going at some
stage to rebuild the system from the image.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand