Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Phil Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 17:58:05 -0600
James Kerr wrote:

> A friend is getting an interesting error message while trying to save
> documents with MS Word, only happens sometimes though, it is "word cannot
> fire this event", so far office has been reinstalled and the drive scanned
> for viri, still nothing yet. Thanks for any info on what this could be.
>
>     ...James

James,

I've seen this before and Microsoft's cure is to delete the normal.dot
template file.  There are other possibilities, but its usually the
normal.dot.  Do a file find on your hard drive and search for all normal.dot
files.  Delete all of the ones it finds.  Then try opening Word again.  It
should open fine.  If this doesn't do it, go out to Microsoft's support web
site and look up Article Q162053 where there are more detailed resolutions.

Phil Ferguson

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]