Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:32:46 -0500
> Hi gang,
>
> Can someone please explain the right way to go about copying songs from a
store-bought CD and
> burning them to a new CD using MusicMatch Jukebox? I haven't even tried
our new CD burner but...

> My wife just managed to get only 13 songs onto a CD in MP3 format. Each
song is roughly 6 MB, yet
> the 700 MB CD was reported as nearly full. My instructor mentioned
something about CDA format and
> compression, and also that 150 songs is closer to maximum. Thanks in
advance...

> Al Thompson

Al
Yes, the CD was full after 13 songs because when MusicMatch burns the CD it
also converts the MP3 file into CDA format at the same time. A CDA or Wave
file is about 10 times bigger than the MP3 file. If you were to leave the
files in MP3 format and just copy them onto a CD, you would be able to fit a
lot more on it, but forget about being able to listen to them on anything
else but your computer because they won't play on a home or car stereo CD
player. As for store-bought CDs, you can use musicmatch to rip the CD onto
your hard drive in MP3 format. Put the CD into the drive, and if MMJB is
your default media player, it should start automatically and start playing
the CD. Stop the CD from playing then click the record button. You will get
a list of the tracks on the CD and will be able to select the songs you want
to rip. If you want the entire CD just make sure all the songs are checked.
Before you start ripping you may want to go into the recorder settings to
see where the tracks are going to be stored on your drive. You do this by
going into Options/Recorder/Settings. Here you can change the songs
directory path so that you can store the ripped CDs wherever you want on
your drive, as well as selecting what type of format to record the tracks.
You can select to rip in Wav format, although I don't recommend it. You're
better off selecting MP3 (128 Kbps). When you burn the CD make sure you have
Audio (Default) selected.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml