Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 03:05:29 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

> A client is starting a small consulting business and is basically computer
> illiterate.
> What software would you recommend for billing and database purposes?

Nice to have something I think I can contribute, since this list has been so
helpful.  (How do you people know all this stuff?)

I have been working with Quicken 98, but this is not really set up for most
kinds of businesses where you have to keep track of  quantities of anything,
in this case hours.  If this is a consulting business, then one that is
specifically set up to keep track of hours and billing would be preferable.
Not sure which products that would include, but suspect that most at the
level just above Microsoft Money and Quicken could probably handle it.  Sorry
I can't provide a specific recommendation, but as an accountant, I can
guarantee you that a program that is designed to keep track of hours will be
far more satisfactory in the long run than one that just gets by.

Rule of thumb:  If it DOESN'T say it on the box, it's NOT going to do it.  If
it DOES say it on the box, it MIGHT do it.

William Closure

                       http://freepctech.com/rode