Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:26:40 -0700
>I have kept Windows cardfile on my computer since the days of
>Windows 3.1 and I keep phone numbers and addresses in a cardfile.The
>last couple of times I have opened my cardfile I have been
>warned  that it is Read Only and I can't save any changes to it.I
>checked the Properties sheet for the file and Read Only is not check
>marked.Anybody got any ideas how I can get this file working right again?
>I'm on Win XP SP3 on an e-Machine T3410.
>Later, Ray Parrish

Try this, select the Cardfile data file>>>right
click>>>properties>>>Security Tab>>>advanced>>put a check in <Inherit
from parent....etc>

Then press Apply/OK as you back out.

>SP3 may be your problem.  It puts a lot of the Vista Microsoft
>Spyware/Controlware onto XP and I understand it has a lot of
>problems.  I would love to have the old simple cardfile back.  Any
>idea where I could get it?  AnnaSummers

try AZZ Cardfile...http://www.freepctech.com/rode/015.shtml ....
simple and easy it is similar but better then Cardfile. And it will
import your Cardfile data bases.

SP3 had a problem with certain HP AMD computers, however it has been
mostly problem free, and the problems have been dealt with.  I have
installed it on all my XP computers, and slip streamed it into my XP
install CD, and I would recommend doing so. It does install
Microsoft's window certification anti piracy software, but if your
copy of XP is genuine you won't be bothered.

  XP3 does install lots of critical patches which are vital to XP's,
and your security. It also updates many IE security features, and
.NET which you want on your PC if you will be doing online financial
stuff, like banking, Ebay, and Paypal. My advice is to backup your
hard drive, as you would for any major change,  and then install it
using Windows update. Note: If you have Windows update set to run
automatically ( the default) then you have been updated automatically.

While there can be problems, even serious problems, with service
packs, and hotfixes, and you should be very leery about
installing  any drivers from MS update...  the benefits of keeping
your computer up to date with Windows Critical update far exceed the
risks. Just make sure you have a backup, or restore point, to restore
in the unlikely result of things going bad.

Mark Rode

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml