Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ken Vickery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:24:48 -0400
Reply to Pete E. from Ken Vickery

Date:    Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:06:18 -0400
From:    Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Folders are hidden

Hi Ken,

Interesting question.
If under Folder Options > View  you already ticked "Show hidden files
and folders" and "Display the contents of system folders" and unticked
"Hide protected operating system files" and you still can't see the
files/folders, it's because the program is hiding them from you.

Yes, in Folder Options > View I have 'Display the contents of system
folders' checked; under Hidden files and folders I have 'show hidden
files and folders' checked; and I have unchecked 'Hide protected
operating system files (Recommended)'.

It would help if you gave the particulars.
1.What is the program you're trying to change?

I was trying to get into my Application Data folder to drill down to my
email Inbox folder to recover from my email program's being unable to
write to disk any new messages.  The changes I needed to make was to
rename the Inbox and let the program create a new Inbox - and the
procedure works.

2.What is the photo program that can see these folders?

Compupic Pro.

3.What changes were you able to make via this  photo program?

 And using the photo program, I was able to rename the folder and get my
email up and running again.  In Compupic Pro there is no way to look
into the folder's properties.

Is there a setting in the program (1.)that sets these folders to be
hidden? Can you change that?

There is no relationship with the email program and the Application Data
Folder that I know of and hence there is nothing to change.

Sometimes logging on as Administrator (I am the administrator and only
user - help me here if I'm wrong) or in Safe Mode, you may access
folders or files not available to you as a User.
If the "hiding" is program specific you may not be able to change that
unless settings are provided for that.
In other cases you may be able to change this in the Registry under the
program's entry.(key)
If the program uses an .ini or .cfg (config) file in its location under
Program Files, you could open that in NotePad or similar and edit it if
you see "hidden" in those entries.
Other locations are under your profile -Application Data\ "this program"
Failing that, contact the author/developer of the program or their forum
if there is one .
Let us know which is which  :)

I hope the information I've provided is helpful in giving you insight to
this head-scratching dilemma.  Thanks!  Ken

Peter E.

PS and FYI:
Where I first noticed the problem was when I went to
C:\Document and Settings/Owner
It says there are 51 objects (plus 10 hidden)
Those folders hidden (as viewed through CompuPic Pro - a photo program) are:
Application Data
Cookies
InstallAnywhere
Local Settings