Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:26:22 -0700
Partition Magic runs fine from it's boot floppies.  In fact before version
4 that was the only way it worked. The only problem I could see is if you
are using a USB mouse which isn't supported by your BIOS in DOS. Even then
you can use Partition Magic with a keyboard. I prefer to use Partition
Magic from a boot disk. It is cleaner and far less likely to end up in a
lock or crash....something I would not want to happen while manipulating
partitions. Of course outside of a Win9x environment it is the only way you
can use Partition Magic 5.

As to legacy DOS applications or games you could always copy the command
directory from Win98 to your C drive and then boot off a Win98 boot floppy
with a path statement to the command directory. After booting you will be
in pure Win98 DOS.

Mark Rode
The NoSpin Group

>No boot-to-DOS option causes some programs to no longer work as usual.
>Most notable example is PartitionMagic.  I've heard that you should be
>able to boot using the PartitionMagic Rescue Disk and use it that way.
>Does it work?  Is this a good work-around?
>
>Problems running old DOS games without boot-to-DOS option?  I asked the
>question at the meeting but got a somewhat evasive answer.
>
>Problems running Norton Anti-Virus 2000 on Windows ME?

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html