Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 01:39:20 -0500
Omer Cormier's post of 22/08/05 at 12:22:32 AM:---

<<< Hugh, thank you for your assistance.

I first ran "sfc /scannow" as instructed and all appeared to be OK - no error
windows etc.

I have the same problem running in "Safe Mode".

I went into "Msconfig>Startup" and disabled all the startup applications and
rebooted into "Safe Mode" and I still get the error window stating that "Windows
Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Etc".

Sometimes it happens when I try to access "Explore" from the "Start" button, it
sometimes happens when I attempt to create a new folder while in explore and it
also sometimes happens when I attempt to exit the "Explore" screen.

Although this error does not happen all the time it does happen frequently.

Thank you

Omer >>>

Hi Omer, I Stumbled upon the following microsoft KB article.

 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822797

This article states that a program called " QCbar.dll" adds adult website links to internet explorer's "favourite" menu and is the cause of the " TYPE" of error msg encountered by you ( note. may not be very specific). it also gives a fix.

I would suggest that you first find out if this is the case by using the " Find files/folders " feature in start menu and then proceed further.

HTH and good luck-----Venkat Viswanathan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml