Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:31:54 -0500
I don't think the office toolbar is not automatically installed as part of
Office 97.  You must use the custom install and make sure that you select
"Microsoft Office" or some such term.  It did not seem obvious to me at the
time that the term used to describe it meant that it was the Office desktop
toolbar.  I'm currently running both Office 95 and Office 97.  I did this
by installing Office 97 into a different directory.  The default directory
for Office 95 was C:\MSOFFICE, I believe while it is C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office for Office 97.  During the Office 97 install, it
noticed that the older version was installed and asked if I wanted to
remove it and I answered "no" and it left it alone but did change all the
file associations from Office 95 applications to the Office 97
applications.  However, for them working together ... I would not depend on
it.  I'm running into all kinds of problems during the switch-over.  The
major one, which is why both are installed on my computer, we have an
Access database that is used by people who are still on Office 95.  Office
97 requires that you convert the database before you can make changes to
the design so I need to keep using Access 95 to make design changes until
we can get everyone upgraded.  Since I've got lots of Access data used by
other applications like Word and Excel, I'm running into lots of problems
with the newer versions getting called up instead of the old ones when I
try to do certain things.  It's a major pain.

----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [PCSOFT] Office Upgrade
> Date: Friday, June 05, 1998 8:55 AM
>
> I hope someone has the answer for me with this.   I have about 30 PC's
> that I need to upgrade with Office 97.  I have a copy of the Office
> Professional version, but the Air Force only has license for the Office
> Standard version.  So, to comply with regulations and all, I'm not
putting
> on Access 97, and the Bookshelf products (which is how I've been
directed).
> Here are my problems though...........When doing the install it makes you
close
> down the Office shortcut bar before starting the install, and after I'm
done
> with the install I can't seem to find it anymore, anywhere.  Also, we are
> running Office Professional 95, and installing Office Standard 97, so
when I
> click off Access 97, the previous version ends up deleted off totally,
and we
> still need the old version of Access......A) Can the older version of
> Access seemlessly run with newer versions of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
????
> And 2) How can I make it so when I do this install it doesn't get deleted
????