Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 05:44:51 +0200
On 19 Mar 2000, at 23:22, M & J Doolin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Could someone clarify something for me on the subject of Bcc's.  If a
> person accidentally hits the "reply all," doesn't everyone get the
> response.  Seems this could be a problem since the person doesn't even
> realize anyone else is involved.  IMHO.

In the case of Reply-To-All most of the e-mail programs, will put the
address that appeared in the "From:" field (or "Reply-To:" field if
appears) in the "To:" field of the reply, and all the addresses that
appeared in the "To:" and "Cc:" field, of the message (besides your own
address) in the "Cc:" field of the reply.

For example, if the original message sent to [log in to unmask] will have the
following header:
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
> Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Then the reply will have:
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

This has nothing to do with "Bcc" field.

In principle, every address that you put in the "Bcc" field, will get a copy
of the message, but unlike "Cc:" field, which everything that you put
there will be part of the message. Everything that you put in the "Bcc"
will not appear in the message. The "Bcc:" field does not propagate with
the header of the message.

For example if you send a message to:
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Cc: [log in to unmask]
> Bcc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Then all 4 people will receive a copy of the message, but the header of
the message will include only
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Cc: [log in to unmask]

None of them will see the "Bcc:" field with the addresses in it.

Uzi

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html